What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text fragment that web sites send to the browser and which are stored as a file in the user’s device, which may be a personal computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc. These files enable the web site to remember information about your visit such as the language you use and your preferred options. This can facilitate your next visit and make the site more useful as you can customise the content. Cookies play a very important role in improving the web site user experience.
Cookies do not contain any class of specific personal information, and the majority of them are deleted from the hard disk at the end of the browsing session; these are called “session cookies”. Most browsers accept cookies as standard, and independently enable you to allow or block temporary or stored cookies in the security settings.
Types of cookies used
This web site uses both temporary session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies store data only while the user is accessing the website and permanent cookies store the data on the device so that they can be accessed and used on more than a single session.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained from cookies are handled, the web site can use:
- Technical cookies: These are cookies that allow the user to browse a web page, platform or application and to use the various options or services it provides such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of the web site where access is restricted, remembering the elements of the order, performing the order purchasing process, performing the registration request or participating in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing contents for broadcasting videos or sound or sharing contents over social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: The are cookies that enable the user to access the service with some general predefined features depending on a series of criteria on the user’s device such as, for example, the language, type of browser accessing the service, regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Publicity cookies: These are cookies that, handled by us or by third parties, enable us to manage the advertising spaces on the web site as effectively as possible, tailoring the advertising content to the service requested or to the use you make of our web site. Therefore, we can analyse your Internet browsing habits and can show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies enable the effective management of advertising spaces that the publisher has included on a web page, application or platform from which they provide the service requested. These cookies store information about user behaviour obtained through continuous observation of your browsing habits. They enable development of a specific profile to show advertisements based on it.
- Complement cookies: Complement cookies are used for exchanging social content. We include “social network sharing modules” on our website that facilitate social network members to exchange content.
HOW CAN I MANAGE COOKIES IN MY BROWSER?
The user has the option of allowing, blocking or deleting cookies installed on their equipment using the configuration options of the browser installed on their device:
On some browsers, specific rules can be configured for managing cookies per web site; this offers more precise control over privacy. This means you can disable cookies on all sites, except for those you trust.